5 medium lemons
1 lemon, sliced into rings
1 cup white sugar, plus additional for coating
4 cups water
4 cups ice
- On a cutting board, halve the lemons and coat the cut sides with a thin layer of sugar.
- Place the lemons on an 11" griddle pan cut side down and cook them over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes, until caramelized.
- Remove lemons from the griddle and rest them for 5-10 minutes.
- Juice lemons over a fine-mesh strainer into a half-gallon (2 liter) pitcher.
- Once all the lemons are juiced, add the white sugar, lemon rings, water, and ice (see note). Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- NOTE: Do not add the ice if preparing ahead of time. Add the ice immediately before serving. Enjoy!
From Jordan Kenna, Tasty Team. www.tasty.co.com